Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

What a glorious weekend!!  Such a great time to be campaigning.  First of all I really want to thank all who are supporting me during my re-election campaign.  It is so heart warming to be greeted with hugs and statements of, "of course I am voting for you".  Of the hundreds of people I have been in contact with during the past couple of weeks, I have learned that most of the citizens believe the city is doing well and life is good in Crystal and that the council has the city on the right track. 

I spoke with a young man who very recently purchased a home in Crystal.  I asked him where he was from and what motivated him to purchase in Crystal.  He said that was from St. Louis Park and when he began to look for a home, in the end he found that Crystal has the "best bang for his buck".  He said that he was able to buy much better house here for the price and that he LOVES this city. 

When I ask citizens about any current problems or issues I am being told there are no problems or issues.  I do however remind citizens that I cannot fix problems if I don't know about an issue and it is important to stay in touch with me or their council representatives. 

Citizens agree that we have not had  tax spikes during our recent bad economic times and that stable taxes are important to our citizens.  We have seen tax increases, but citizens know that it takes people to provide services and people need to be paid.  City  employees had wages frozen for  a 2 year period.  I want to thank the Crystal staff for their patience during tough times.  We have given some small wage increases (the price of gas and milk alone is a budget breaker for most families) and that has helped us to maintain our stable tax structure. 

Thanks again to all the citizens for their support.  I am looking forward to another 4 years of service to this wonderful community!!!!   Let's keep the momentum going!!  Let's make sure the city of Crystal remains a great place to live, work and play!!  Look for me as I campaign!!  Let me know what you love most about our great city!!!!  Thanks for your support!!!!
ReNae

No comments:

Post a Comment